P0450 - Evaporative Emission Control System Pressure Sensor Malfunction
- Faulty Evaporative Emission System (EVAP) Pressure Sensor
- Evaporative Emission System (EVAP) Pressure sensor harness is open or shorted
- Evaporative Emission System (EVAP) Pressure sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
When is the code detected?
- An improper voltage signal from EVAP control system pressure sensor is sent to ECM.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
The Evaporative Emission System (EVAP) control system pressure sensor detects pressure in the purge line. The sensor output voltage to the Engine Control Module (ECM) increases as pressure increases. The EVAP control system pressure sensor is not used to control the engine system. It is used only for on board diagnosis.
P0450 Information for specific makes
Need more help?
Do you need more help with the P0450 code? ask a question to our users or search the top hand picked automotive forums for more information
Ask your facebook friends
Need parts to fix this code? Search hundreds of stores at the same time and compare prices
Help us improve Engine-Codes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are symptoms is your vehicle for the P0450 code?
Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks