P0021 Nissan - Intake Valve Timing Control Performance Bank 2
- Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid Valve harness is open or shorted
- Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid Valve circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Camshaft Position Sensor
- Camshaft Position Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Camshaft Position Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Crankshaft Position Sensor (POS)
- Lack/Loss of power
- Engine rough idle
This mechanism hydraulically controls cam phases continuously with the fixed operating angle of the intake valve.
The ECM receives signals such as crankshaft position, camshaft position, engine speed, and engine coolant temperature. Then, the ECM sends ON/OFF pulse duty signals to the intake valve timing control solenoid valve depending on driving status. This makes it possible to control the shut/open timing of the intake valve to increase engine torque in low/mid speed range and output in high-speed range.
The intake valve timing control solenoid valve changes the oil amount and direction of flow through intake valve timing control unit or stops oil flow. The longer pulse width advances valve angle. The shorter pulse width retards valve angle. When ON and OFF pulse widths become equal, the solenoid valve stops oil pressure flow to fix the intake valve angle at the control position.
P0021 2003 NISSAN ALTIMA SEDAN
P0021 2004 NISSAN ALTIMA SEDAN
P0021 2005 NISSAN ALTIMA SEDAN
P0021 2006 NISSAN ALTIMA SEDAN
P0021 2004 NISSAN MAXIMA
P0021 2005 NISSAN MAXIMA
P0021 2006 NISSAN MAXIMA
P0021 2007 NISSAN MAXIMA
P0021 2008 NISSAN MAXIMA
Chandler Heights, AZ
Any information is appreciated. Thanks