P0446 1999 Toyota Camry
P0446 1999 Toyota Camry - EVAP System Vent Control Circuit
- Incorrect fuel filler cap used
- Fuel filler cap remains open or fails to close
- Foreign matter caught in fuel filler cap
- Vent control valve harness is open or shorted
- Vent control valve circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty vent control valve
Toyota Factory Service Bulletin OBDII Code P0446
Toyota P0441, P0446 EVAP Diagnostics and Vacuum Switching Valve Testing Video
User submitted video
- Possible a noticeable fuel odor caused by the release of fuel vapors
This solenoid valve responds to signals from the Engine Control Module (ECM). When the ECM sends an ON signal, the coil in the solenoid valve is energized. A plunger will then move to seal the canister vent. The ability to seal the vent is necessary for the on board diagnosis of other evaporative emission control system components.
This solenoid valve is used only for diagnosis, and usually remains opened.
Any information is appreciated. Thanks