P0726 Nissan - Engine Speed Input Circuit Performance
Repair Importance Level:
Repair Difficulty Level:
- Faulty Crankshaft Position (CKP) Sensor
- Crankshaft Position (CKP) Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Crankshaft Position (CKP) Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Communication error between the Engine Control Module (ECM) and Transmission Control Module (TCM)
The codes means that the Transmission Control Moduel (TCM) is not receving the signal from the ECM and the problem is either the wire from ECM to the TCM or a bad ECM.
When is the code detected?
The P0726 Codes is triggered when the TCM detected that the calculated engine speed is greater than the RPM's received from ECM.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0726 Nissan Description
The Engine Control Module (ECM) monitors the engine speed through the Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor with the engine running, and send signal to the Transmission Control Module (TCM).
P0726 Nissan Information for specific Nissan models
Need more help?
Do you need more help with the P0726 Nissan code? ask a question to our users or search the top hand picked automotive forums for more information
Repair Shops Around Your Area
Need parts to fix this code? Search hundreds of stores at the same time and compare prices
Help us improve Engine-Codes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are symptoms is your vehicle for the P0726 Nissan code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks