P0761 Lexus - Shift Solenoid 'C' Performance
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Faulty shift solenoid 'C' valve
- Shift solenoid 'C' valve harness or connectors
- Shift solenoid 'C' valve circuit is open or shorted
When is the code detected?
The P0761 code is detected when the ECM has detected a mechanical fault with the solenoid energized, valve stuck off
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Transmission will not shift gears
P0761 Lexus Description
Shift solenoid valve 'C' is turned ON or OFF by the Transmission Control Module (TCM) in response to signals sent from the park/neutral position (PNP) switch, vehicle speed and Engine Control Module (ECM) (throttle opening). Gears will then be shifted to the optimum position.
Need more help?
Do you need more help with the P0761 Lexus code? ask a question to our users or search the top hand picked automotive forums for more information
Need parts to fix this code? Search hundreds of stores at the same time and compare prices
Help us improve Engine-Codes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are symptoms is your vehicle for the P0761 Lexus code?
Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks