P0797 - Pressure Control Solenoid 'C' Stuck On
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Faulty pressure control solenoid valve 'C'
- Pressure control solenoid valve 'C' harness is open or shorted
- Pressure control solenoid valve 'C' circuit poor electrcial connection
When is the code detected?
The gear required by the ECM does not match the actual gear when driving
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Shift shock
The Engine Control Module (ECM) uses signals from the vehicle speed sensor to detect the actual gear position (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th gear). Then the ECM compares the actual gear with the shift schedule in the ECM memory to detect mechanical troubles of the shift solenoid valves and valve body.
P0797 Information for specific makes
Need more help?
Do you need more help with the P0797 code? ask a question to our users or search the top hand picked automotive forums for more information
Repair Shops Around Your Area
Need parts to fix this code? Search hundreds of stores at the same time and compare prices
Help us improve Engine-Codes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are symptoms is your vehicle for the P0797 code?
Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks