P1078 Infiniti - Exhaust Valve Timing Control Position Sensor Bank 1 Circuit
- Faulty Exhaust Valve Timing Control Position Sensor Bank 1
- Exhaust Valve Timing Control Position Sensor Bank 1 harness is open or shorted
- Exhaust Valve Timing Control Position Sensor Bank 1 circuit poor electrical connection
- Accumulation of debris to the signal pick-up portion of the camshaft
- Crankshaft position sensor
When is the code detected?
An excessively high or low voltage from the sensor is sent to Engine Control Module (ECM).
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1078 Infiniti Description
Exhaust valve timing control position sensor detects the concave groove of the exhaust camshaft rear end.
This sensor signal is used for sensing a position of the exhaust camshaft.
This sensor uses a Hall IC.
Based on the position of the exhaust camshaft, ECM controls exhaust valve timing control magnet retarder to optimize the shut/open timing of exhaust valve for the driving condition.
P1078 Infiniti Information for specific Infiniti models
Need more help?
Do you need more help with the P1078 Infiniti code? ask a question to our users or search the top hand picked automotive forums for more information
Need parts to fix this code? Search hundreds of stores at the same time and compare prices
Help us improve Engine-Codes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are symptoms is your vehicle for the P1078 Infiniti code?
Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks