P1456 Nissan - Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected Small Leak
- Incorrect fuel filler cap used
- Fuel filler cap remains open or fails to close
- Foreign matter caught in fuel filler cap
- Incorrect fuel tank vacuum relief valve
- Leak is in line between intake manifold and EVAP canister purge volume control solenoid valve.
- Possible a noticeable fuel odor caused by the release of fuel vapors
This diagnosis detects leaks in the Evaporative Emission (EVAP) purge line using engine intake manifold vacuum. If pressure does not increase, the Engine Control Module (ECM) will check for leaks in the line between the fuel tank and EVAP canister purge volume control solenoid valve under the following vacuum test condition.
The vacuum cut valve bypass valve is opened to clear the line between the fuel tank and the EVAP canister purge volume control solenoid valve. The EVAP canister vent control valve will then be closed to shut the EVAP purge line off. The EVAP canister purge volume control solenoid valve is opened to depressurize the EVAP purge line using intake manifold vacuum. After this depressurization is implemented, the EVAP canister purge volume control solenoid valve will be closed.
Most Nissan Models EVAP System Diagram
P1456 2003 NISSAN ALTIMA SEDAN
P1456 2002 NISSAN SENTRA
P1456 2003 NISSAN SENTRA
P1456 2004 NISSAN SENTRA
P1456 2005 NISSAN SENTRA
P1456 2006 NISSAN SENTRA
Any information is appreciated. Thanks